Women Winning Political Leaders of Tomorrow (PLOT)
The Women Winning Political Leaders of Tomorrow (PLOT) Training Program is designed to help you acquire the tools and connections needed to be a political leader in Minnesota. PLOT serves as an entry point for energized, pro-choice Minnesotans who are interested in a career in politics, especially those who have not yet volunteered or worked on a campaign.
PLOT invests in the next generation of political strategists, volunteers, and candidates in Minnesota through education and training. The Women Winning team supports and develops PLOT participants throughout the program by providing:
- In-depth training in campaign communication, fundraising, fieldwork, and strategy
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Personalized check-ins and problem-solving coaching
Following the first training session, Women Winning works closely with participants as they continue to develop their skills and gain experience. Women Winning helps participants make connections to pro-choice women candidates running for office in Minnesota, and those campaigns actively help participants develop their skills 10-12 hours per week. This interactive, experiential learning component of the PLOT program allows participants to put the education, training, and coaching they receive into action and gain hands-on campaign experience.
Alumni of the PLOT program are in high demand and participants have gone on to work on presidential campaigns, in congressional offices and the state legislature, and at top lobbying firms. Additionally, PLOT participants have gone on to run for office, and win!
- Commitment to Women Winning’s mission to recruit, train, and elect pro-choice women
- Strong work ethic and interest in the political process and gaining campaign/electoral experience
- Active engagement with the Women Winning team for ongoing coaching and development from June through August
- Mandatory attendance at trainings listed below:
- June 8th : Campaign and Electoral Training (full-day, 8 hours)
- July 19th: In-Depth Skill Building Training (half day, 4 hours)
- August 23rd: Professional Development and Networking (full day, 8 hours)
Application & Resources
Women Winning is committed to investing in the education of pro-choice political leaders. We offer a financial stipend of $450 for time spent in educational programming and coaching with Women Winning over the course of the summer (June, July, and August). Transportation resources are also available for participants traveling from Greater Minnesota.
2022 Program Dates and Details
Applications Due: Friday, April 29, 2022
Training #1: Wednesday, June 8th
Training #2: Tuesday, July 19th
Training #3: Tuesday, August 23rd
Currently, all 2022 PLOT training sessions are planned to be held in-person. The health and safety of Women Winning’s participants, members, and our broader community is of the utmost importance. To attend these trainings in-person, you are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and/or certify that you are fully vaccinated upon registration at the training. If unable to do so or prefer to not attend in-person, accommodations will be made to join the training virtually. We will follow all host venue and local masking regulations.
We will continue to follow all CDC and State of Minnesota public health regulations. Should regulations change and/or limit our ability to host in-person, these trainings will take place virtually. We will communicate these guidelines ahead of the trainings with all attendees email reminders.