Women Winning Development & Marketing Director
This is a new era of pro-choice women’s leadership and the wave of women stepping up to run for office in 2023 and beyond continues. To meet this defining and historic moment, Women Winning is thrilled to announce we’re hiring for the Development & Marketing Director position.
Women Winning is Minnesota’s largest women’s political organization. Our mission is to recruit, train, and elect pro-choice women to all levels of public office, from Park Board to President of the United States. Women Winning’s robust candidate support services breaks down barriers to running for office and electing our best advocates.
Women Winning is a 501c4 organization with a State and a Federal PAC. Over the past 40 years, Women Winning has raised millions of dollars and supported thousands of pro-choice women candidates. Development & Marketing is an important component of Women Winning’s team approach and reflects our proactive work in a wide range of diversified resources for reproductive justice.
Women Winning is seeking a proactive, energetic and innovative leader with a passion for its mission. This is a great position for a highly organized, goal-oriented person with solid communications skills, who is immersed in current events and the advancement of women’s power.
Development & Marketing Director is responsible for strategic implementation: fundraising, constituent relations, prospect research and stewardship, online giving, events, and connects to our communications, public relations, media relations, digital communications, key messaging, storytelling, and brand experience. This position manages donor portfolios and actively solicits annual, major, planned/estate, and principal gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations, while coordinating annual events, mailings, grant writing, and driving a strong social media/online presence.
The Development and Marketing Director creates the environment for strong relationships to grow and diversify the Women Winning movement. This individual works with our partners, CRM, email, website and digital marketing tools, among other assets. The Development and Marketing Director is a proven leader who ensures an inclusive and engaging environment for pro-choice women and the reproductive justice framework across Minnesota.
Development & Marketing Director reports to the Executive Director, working closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Committees.
Job Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in a relevant field such as fundraising, advancement or marketing; or a similar combination of experience and education.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Commitment to the mission and work of Women Winning; a passion for women’s leadership, reproductive justice, and community building; working knowledge of the Minnesota’s women’s community is desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, a highly collaborative leadership style, and superb judgement; must be creative and resourceful
- Successful track record of leading a broad range of annual fundraising strategies, including major gifts, events, institutional giving
- Passion for planning and executing creative, inclusive, and successful events of all sizes
- Experience working with principals and prominent national and community leaders
- Experience with political campaigns (paid or volunteer); experience with campaign finance reporting is preferable, but not required
- Experience using databases, CRMs, (e.g. EveryAction/NGP)
- Technologically savvy; experience with website management, design (e.g. Canva, Adobe Creative Suite), and video editing software (e.g. iMovie, FinalCut Pro)
- Ability to supervise volunteers and staff, work both independently and in a team environment
Hours: Full Time – regular business hours, plus occasional night and weekend commitments
Compensation: Base salary range is $68,000 – $80,000. Final offer compensation and level will be commensurate with experience.
Excellent Benefits: Women Winning covers 100% of employee medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums; employees have access to a 401-k retirement plan, 20 days PTO, and 12 paid holidays.
To apply: Click here and upload your resume and cover letter. Interviews are on a rolling basis.